Categories: Zim Latest

KWEKWE RALLY MURDER|| Zanu PF Disowns Thugs Who Killed Mboneni Ncube

The ruling Zanu PF party has sensationally disowned the now incarcerated thugs who were fingered as the suspects in the ghastly murder of 30-year old Mboneni Ncube, a Citizens Coalition for Change (CCC) supporter killed on the sidelines of a political rally that was addressed by party leader Nelson Chamisa at Mbizo 4 Shopping Centre in Kwekwe last Sunday.

In the aftermath of the violent clashes that characterised the ill-fated rally- dubbed Yellow Kwekwe- sixteen people believed to be ruling party militants, were arrested by the police in connection with Ncube’s murder.

The culprits were nabbed while hiding at Jessie Gardens- a lodge that is understood to be under the proprietorship of former state security minister, Owen Mudha Ncube.

And, in the wake of reports linking the murder suspects to the long-ruling party, the Zanu PF Kwekwe District Coordinating Committee (DCC) has said it has no connections, whatsoever, to the accused murderers.

David Murivha, who is the DCC Secretary for Youth Affairs told our reporter that the opposition must stop laying the blame on Zanu PF, adding that the revolutionary party was a peace-loving establishment that values human life.

Murivha said the police and other law enforcement agencies in the country must work towards ensuring that those who committed the heinous killing at Mbizo 4 must brought to book.

“It is not true that the murder suspects are our members and as a Party, we condemn in the strongest possible terms the violence that took place on Sunday”, he said.

 

“President (Emmerson) Mnangagwa and his Second Republic are proponents of the gospel of peace and we do not condone violence as a liberation movement. I am going to issue a statement soon but as members of the media, you do not have to get carried away by social media reports that are intended to paint a bad picture on our Party,” he said.

Meanwhile, a top CCC official has accused the dreaded spy agency- the CIO- of hijacking Mboneni’s funeral.

The official, Settlement Chikwinya, who is also eyeing the Mbizo seat ahead of the March 26 by-elections said in a statement:

“I have seen a terrified family, frozen as events turn out that the CIO is determined to bury @mbonenincube the same way they did @gifttandare. State has stolen the body in a movie style. Citizens we must liberate the Ncube family.”

Zwnews

Share

Recent Posts

Gvt tells journalists how to report on Gukurahundi hearings

The government through the Zimbabwe Media Commission (ZMC) has produced the "Gukurahundi Code of Conduct… Read More

28th February 2024

Virtual court hearings unconstitutional, Zim not ready for paperless court sessions- PLC report

In August last year the High Court Rules were amended by SI 153/2023 to allow… Read More

28th February 2024

Police recover cash and goods worth US$145,000 stolen from Quest Financial Services after arrest of 6 suspects

The Zimbabwe Police say they have recovered cash and property worth US$145,000 from six suspects… Read More

28th February 2024

NOT GUILTY: Court overturns Mahere’s conviction

The High Court acquitted former Citizens Coalition for Change legislator Fadzayi Mahere on appeal, following… Read More

28th February 2024

You must face the music, Temba Mliswa tells daughter who was arrested on drugs abuse charges

Former Norton Independent Member of Parliament Temba Mliswa says he has let his daughter arrested… Read More

28th February 2024

Warriors captain Nakamba’s return to competitive action before end of season doubtful, coach

Luton Town gaffer Robe Edwards is not sure if Warriors skipper Marvelous Nakamba will be… Read More

28th February 2024