A Seke home in Unit J was yesterday afternoon gutted by fire which destroyed property worth thousands of dollars.

According to sources a little boy from the affected family lit a paper and put it on bed. Since there was no one at home, the older sister only noticed smoke coming out of the window when she came back minutes later.

She alerted neighbours who assisted by successfully putting out the fire using water before it spread to the other rooms.

However, the owners of the house were not available to comment on the inferno with eyewitnesses alleging that they contacted Chitungwiza municipality fire brigade but they never came.

Efforts to get a comment from Chitungwiza municipality were futile. zim eye