Food poison left me unconscious for days: ED Mnangagwa

Food poison left me unconscious for days: ED Mnangagwa

Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa has admitted that he was poisoned, saying he survived because it was not yet God’s time.

While he is on record of having clearly stated he never consumed any ice cream from the Mugabe family, Mnangagwa revisited his sickness story during a memorial service for the late national heroine, Cde Shuvai Mahofa where he told the gathering he indeed survived poisoning.

Cde Mnangagwa missed Cde Mahofa’s burial in August as he was in South Africa receiving treatment following the sickness.

The Vice President noted what happened to Cde Mahofa in 2015 in Victoria Falls is the same fate that transpired on him in Gwanda but he survived because God’s time was still on his side.

“I was not around when she passed away but what happened to her in 2015 in Victoria Falls is what also happened to me in Gwanda. So on the 12th of August, I was taken to hospital. I was taken from Gwanda to Gweru and I can’t remember what followed. The following Wednesday when I regained consciousness, that is when I learnt on the passing on of Cde Mahofa,” said Cde Mnangagwa.

He added that he is on a recovery path and jokingly teased the audience saying his days are still far off. zbc