The damage that was caused by the fire that broke out at the Joina City complex in central Harare Tuesday night was minimal as it was only confined to a kitchen on the giant premise, the entity’s management has said.
According to the Joina City management, the fire started in the kitchen of one of the restaurants on the 1st floor at around 1900hrs last night.
Partly reads the statement:
“Our security team called in the fire brigade who attended to the incident and put out the fire in a short time.”
“The fire which was coming out on the 3rd floor deck was coming out of the restaurant’s extractor fan”.
The damage was confined to the restaurant’s kitchen only. The sprinklers in the shop were activated and helped confine the fire to the kitchen only. The damage was minimal and other tenants might have been affected by the water from the sprinklers and the fire brigade water.”
The Joina City management futher said:
“We would like to thank all stakeholders for the prompt response in assisting us to put out this fire. To all our customers, it is business as usual as all facilities are functional. We are humbled by the number of calls we received from all over the world regarding this incident and we would like to thank you for your prayers and concerns.”