Elias Mudzuri and Nelson Chamisa appointed as Vice presidents, MDC now has 3 deputy..Zim Latest News Today
Chamisa tipped to succeed Tsvangirai
Here is are some key points that a close source in the development revealed to zwnews.com ahead of the announcement and public appointment of new vice Presidents in the Morgan Tsvangirai led Movement for Democratic Change(MDC).
- Move aimed at dealing with factions and succession issues, Nelson Chamisa may succeed Tsvangirai in the future
- Thokozani Khupe remains vice president for MDC
- MDC now preparing for serious forward push ahead of 2018 elections.
- MDCT needs to rebrand and remain relevant in the face of Joice Mujuru’s ZimPF and This Flag Zimbabwe movement of Pastor Evan Mawarire.
- There are chances Morgan Tsvangirai is planning to resign from politics due to his medical condition after he was diagnosed whith colon cancer recently
Chamisa can not stand for presidential elections as a candidate right now as he is still below the age of 40, he will however be eligible by the year 2018.
At the moment Thokozani Khupe remains first vice president, Nelson Chamisa is second, Mudzuri third.
We will update this post as we try to find reasons and to answer WHY Tsvangirai and MDCT have decided to appoint 2 new vice presidents to make a total of three. WWW.zwnews.com