I have decided to appoint Mr Paul Mashatile as Deputy President of Republic. With respect to Ministers, I am making the following appointments:
- Minister in the Presidency, Ms Khumbudzo Ntshavheni,
- Minister in the Presidency responsible for Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma,
- Minister in the Presidency responsible for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Ms Maropene Ramokgopa,
- Minister in the Presidency responsible for Electricity, Dr Kgosientsho Ramokgopa,
- Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies, Mr Mondli Gungubele,
- Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Ms Thembi Nkadimeng,
- Minister of Public Service and Administration, Ms Noxolo Kiviet,
- Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure, Mr Sihle Zikalala,
- Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Mr Zizi Kodwa,
- Minister of Tourism, Ms Patricia de Lille,
- Minister of Transport, Ms Sindisiwe Chikunga.
With respect to Deputy Ministers, I am making the following appointments:
- Deputy Ministers in the Presidency, Ms Nomasonto Motaung and Mr Kenneth Morolong,
- Deputy Minister in the Presidency responsible for Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities, Ms Sisisi Tolashe,
- Deputy Minister in the Presidency responsible for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Ms Pinky Kekana,
- There will be two Deputy Ministers for Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Mr Parks Tau and Mr Zolile Burns-Ncamashe,
- There will be two Deputy Ministers for Water and Sanitation, Mr David Mahlobo and Ms Judith Tshabalala,
- Deputy Minister of Public Works, Ms Bernice Swarts,
- Deputy Minister of Small Business Development, Ms Dipuo Peters,
- Deputy Minister of Public Enterprises, Mr Obed Bapela,
- Deputy Minister of Transport, Mr Lisa Mangcu.
I wish to extend my appreciation to all outgoing Ministers and Deputy Ministers for their service to this administration and to the country.
I have instructed both new and existing members of Cabinet to act with speed and urgency to address the challenges that our country faces.
I expect them to fulfil their tasks with rigour and dedication, to adopt a zero-tolerance approach to corruption wherever it exists, and to place the interests of the people of South Africa foremost in the work that they do.
This is the standard that I will hold them to, and I have full confidence that they will meet it. We must waste no time and spare no effort in restoring the promise of South Africa.
I thank you.